View RSS Feed

InTheCone

March: Roaring Lions or Peaceful Lambs?

Rate this Entry
by on 03-01-2017 at 09:09 AM (5974 Views)
March is here and along with it comes the first month of severe season and it’s roaring in with threat of severe weather on day 1.



According to the 3 month outlook, winter is pretty much over and precipitation looks to be about average over most of the country.






Take your pick, but I'm betting on the one with the big teeth and the bad attitude.



Submit "March: Roaring Lions or Peaceful Lambs?" to Twitter Submit "March: Roaring Lions or Peaceful Lambs?" to Facebook

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
  1. blakels's Avatar
    FIRST!!!

    Good morning everyone. 52 and more rain here, TCRG showing .79" overnight.
  2. InTheCone's Avatar
    Morning Blakels!

    I saw on the national radar that you guys were getting some rain, but at least none of the severe that is going on to the south of you.



    Looks like Yoop is getting some snoh today.
  3. Landfall2004's Avatar
  4. Aislinn's Avatar
    Good morning and afternoon! I've been trying to check on a good friend in Franklin, TN.

    Breakfast's on the sideboard: creamed chipped beef or sausage gravy over biscuits, bagels with cream cheese and jelly or lox, cinnamon streusel coffee cake, broiled boudin or sausage patties, berry breakfast pizza, fried eggs, pancakes or Belgian waffles with maple or strawberry syrup, cinnamon rolls, couche couche (Cajun cornmeal mush) with maple syrup and raisins, yogurt, fresh fruit and orange, apple or pineapple juice. Tea, regular and decaf coffee with flavored creamers to the side.
  5. kaiden's Avatar
    Good morning EveryJuan. It is 72, high whumidity, and mostly cloudy, waiting on the rain.

    Cone, its a nice new home, thank you.

    Breakfast Yum-Yum, Aislinn I would like a couple of biscuits and sausage gravy, apple juice, and coffee, please and thank you.
  6. InTheCone's Avatar
    Morning LF, Aislinn & Kai!

    Hope they can get the Pac. Hwy fixed before you get out there LF. That road is in a precarious position sitting right on the edge in so many spots.

    You're welcome Kai. It ain't much, but it's a place to get together.

    BreakFast!

    I'll have some creamed chipped beef over biscuits and coffee - TYVM Aislinn and I hope your friend in TN is okay. More severe coming today.
  7. Aislinn's Avatar
    Hey Kaiden and Cone!

    Passes large plate of biscuits and sausage gravy, apple juice, and a super large black coffee to Kaiden and a plate of creamed chipped beef over biscuits and a pot of coffee to Cone.
  8. NavarreMark's Avatar
    I see that Cone pulled that New Blog subterfuge and left me talking to myself on the old blog.
  9. InTheCone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NavarreMark
    I see that Cone pulled that New Blog subterfuge and left me talking to myself on the old blog.
    Yep, subterfuging on the first of each month for the past year or so

    'Nader watch for MSG....

  10. StAugustineFL's Avatar
    Good afternoon. Sunny and 83 here. Might hit 87 later.

    If anyjuan can wake up Rip Van Winkle (AKA Dewey), this is a great opportunity for new members.
  11. Landfall2004's Avatar
    I am sorry that this is thru FB, but if you can watch it, it had me rolling on the floor! It's a man trying to argue with a goat. (The Goat wins.)


    https://www.facebook.com/25236731519...2288619870644/
  12. InTheCone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StAugustineFL
    Good afternoon. Sunny and 83 here. Might hit 87 later.

    If anyjuan can wake up Rip Van Winkle (AKA Dewey), this is a great opportunity for new members.
    Interesting, sounds like a revamp of the main blog, but all the personal blogs will be mothballed. Going to be a lot of sad wunderbloggers.

    This doesn't look good....

    Thomas Patrick@ThomasPatrickWx 34m34 minutes agoMore



    A sad view from the small community of Naplate, IL (near Ottawa) as a majority of this small town is mangled with tornado debris.





  13. LaughingCat's Avatar
    Fresh litter box!!!!
  14. InTheCone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingCat
    Fresh litter box!!!!
    Let's hope it stays that way, the alternative is not pretty

  15. KYDan's Avatar
    Like a lion. I was awakened this morning to rounds of thunder and heavy rains pelting the windows. Weather sites logged winds in excess of 45 mph. Precip also logged at .65 in. in about 30 mins.
  16. Ossqss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StAugustineFL
    Good afternoon. Sunny and 83 here. Might hit 87 later.

    If anyjuan can wake up Rip Van Winkle (AKA Dewey), this is a great opportunity for new members.
    Some of those folks will need some counceling as their home is gonna get disappeared.....

    Its the Ruskies that done it
  17. KanKunKid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NavarreMark
    I see that Cone pulled that New Blog subterfuge and left me talking to myself on the old blog.
    Yes, and thank you.
    That could have been me.
    I actually read the posts.
    You are correct sir. If the doctorate is on the effect of water vapor on cloud density measurements, you gotta grab it. It is better than trying to explain why the squished spider (MJO) isn't really silly, except that it is (except when it isn't) and we should all be glad otherwise we won't, or something like that.
    -or not!
    The FBMU isn't just handing them out these days.

    I think ITC will end up with one for sheer bulk of weather data and graphics. This may of course raise the bar for others, unless it doesn't. Or unless we start/stop taking bribes, or as we like to refer to them as: Contributions for advancement.

    In any case, Tropical weather will have to wait in line for the late winter early spring severe weather, which may not be as big, but is more exciting and unpredictable.

    It was hot today in Orlando. I may have made a mistake.
  18. InTheCone's Avatar
    Good for you Aug! I would love to hear some thunder.


    Hang in there Triple K, it's going to get better - the weather, not Orlando

    Thursday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers before 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. North wind 10 to 15 mph.

    Friday: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 71. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

    Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 53. North wind 10 to 15 mph.

    Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 71. East northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.

    Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 56. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

    Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. East wind 10 to 15 mph.

    Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
  19. InTheCone's Avatar
    Good Morning Bunkerites!

    Pretty quiet morning across the US, but we have a 60% chance of rain down here today, sure hope that verifies.

  20. InTheCone's Avatar
    Ais' BreakFastCast - a return to fall with a pinch of winter...

    Today: Cooler, sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Northeast winds 5 to 15 mph.

    Tonight: Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
  21. blakels's Avatar
    Good morning everyone. About 30 degrees cooler this morning post FROPA.

    There are a lot of really sad little puppies "over there"
  22. Aislinn's Avatar
    Good morning and afternoon! A chillier 44 degrees this morning, a return to Fall with a touch of winter exactly! But dog class should be in the mid 60s which is perfect.

    Breakfast's on the sideboard: Baked egg muffins, breakfast ham cups, creme brulee french toast, apple pie stuffed cinnamon rolls, egg and sausage casserole, bacon and grill cheese breakfast sandwich, Andouille sausage and shrimp over cheesy grits, tater-tot-bacon-cheese-eggs casserole, butterscotch oatmeal with bananas, yogurt, fresh fruit, tea, coffee and flavored creamers. Enjoy!
  23. NavarreMark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KanKunKid
    Yes, and thank you.
    That could have been me.
    I actually read the posts.
    You are correct sir. If the doctorate is on the effect of water vapor on cloud density measurements, you gotta grab it. It is better than trying to explain why the squished spider (MJO) isn't really silly, except that it is (except when it isn't) and we should all be glad otherwise we won't, or something like that.
    -or not!
    The FBMU isn't just handing them out these days.

    I think ITC will end up with one for sheer bulk of weather data and graphics. This may of course raise the bar for others, unless it doesn't. Or unless we start/stop taking bribes, or as we like to refer to them as: Contributions for advancement.

    In any case, Tropical weather will have to wait in line for the late winter early spring severe weather, which may not be as big, but is more exciting and unpredictable.

    It was hot today in Orlando. I may have made a mistake.

    Your welcome and yes. It could have been you.

    Juan would think that the sheer predictability and repetitive nature of the "New Blog" would make Juan aware of it's coming beforehand, however, this does not take into account my cynical nature. It also doesn't take into account that I am a Doctor of Fake Blog Met Science which means that I can rarely predict the predictable and often take credit for predicting the unpredictable when in fact I did not predict it. Or something like that anyway.

    And I agree that if we could ever contact Jeff again and obtain a quorum of the FBMU Board of Trustees ITC would undoubtedly merit an upgrade in his status. Not to mention Jeff's ability to produce photo shopped sheepskins.
  24. InTheCone's Avatar
    I'll bet there are a lot of sad little puppies over there, some of those peeps have had personal blogs going for over a decade.

    I'm in no way ready for a status upgrade, I can't even remember to post the AOD's on radar images half the time. It's just to much pressure for a novice such as myself, but I do appreciate the thought and I'm sure I'll get there Juan day if I continue to practice enough option #2 protocols.

    Must be time for BreakFast!

    I'll have some Baked egg muffins, breakfast ham cups, egg and sausage casserole, bacon and grill cheese breakfast sandwiches, tater-tot-bacon-cheese-eggs casserole and some coffee to wash it all down. TYVM Aislinn and have fun with the poochies at class today!
  25. kaiden's Avatar
    Good Morning All. It is 53, clear and very windy here this morning. We got .17 inch of rain about 10:30 last night. It was enough to wash the ashes off of everything from the woods fire Monday.

    Cone hoping you get yours today, rain that is.

    I see the Master Breakfast chef is up early today. Aislinn I would like a couple of bacon and grill cheese breakfast sandwiches, and black coffee. Please and Thank you.

    These virtual breakfasts have helped me on my diet, yesterday I weighed 219lbs, the first time I have been under 220# in over 30 years. I started right after Thanksgiving when I was 242, and even managed to lose some between Christmas and New Years, with the help of a bad cold.

    Y'all have a great day today.
  26. blakels's Avatar
    236. we got a shout out lol
  27. InTheCone's Avatar
    Morning Kai!

    Good luck with the weight loss, my bike riding keeps me pretty well under control. That and not eating sweets anymore(most of the time).
  28. InTheCone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blakels
    236. we got a shout out lol
    That is funny coming from him, but I think there's going to be a lot of unhappy peeps there from the way it sounds, just have to wait and see.

    I know I certainly wouldn't want to moderate that onslaught.
  29. KanKunKid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NavarreMark
    Your welcome and yes. It could have been you.

    Juan would think that the sheer predictability and repetitive nature of the "New Blog" would make Juan aware of it's coming beforehand, however, this does not take into account my cynical nature. It also doesn't take into account that I am a Doctor of Fake Blog Met Science which means that I can rarely predict the predictable and often take credit for predicting the unpredictable when in fact I did not predict it. Or something like that anyway.

    And I agree that if we could ever contact Jeff again and obtain a quorum of the FBMU Board of Trustees ITC would undoubtedly merit an upgrade in his status. Not to mention Jeff's ability to produce photo shopped sheepskins.
    Yes, not to mention THAT.

    I often fall victim to the new blog iin the middle of a dissertation ploy, where ITC makes a new blog while I am doing my due diligence or digelence or whatever you call it while I am writing and thinking almost at the same time.

    After I am finished and stamp it, I find it at the spur, like a billboard at the end of a street. It is there for every Juan to see, but they have moved on. It's a feeling I don't like. It is similar to when you arrive to find the free beer just ended.

    The most difficult part of being a Dr of FBM is the ability to claim an event that you have accurately forecast while hoping others will forget the Juan you blew by a mile.

    The sophormic part of a FBM's growth is to finally come to an accurate understanding of the models, graphics and data only to venture out on your own and take a stab at a forecast only to fail miserably and realize you know just enough to be stupid!

    It's a process.
  30. McBart ender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blakels
    Good morning everyone. About 30 degrees cooler this morning post FROPA.

    There are a lot of really sad little puppies "over there"

    Perhaps now that it's over, some of our older regulars might return.

    (cough waterpuppy cough)

    I recall some blog politics (behind the scenes) that caused some issues. I hope that's all over for good now.
    Updated 03-02-2017 at 05:45 PM by McBart ender (Dewey (and all of us) should be proud of what we're doing here. ...and NOT doing there.)
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.5
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Image resizer by SevenSkins

Tabs System by vbSoporte - vBulletin en Español
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:47 AM.