View RSS Feed

InTheCone

Oct./Nov. – Peace & Quiet or Doom and Gloom?

Rate this Entry
by on 10-01-2017 at 09:31 AM (4590 Views)
Down we go and we can’t get to the bottom soon enough! It’s been a long season for many people and it’s going to take a long time for them to recover.

Oct. can be busy in the Caribbean with the storms heading to the north and the early indications are that we will see some activity in that area early to mid month.



All we can do is keep watching and be as ready as we can….





Time to study “The Chart” and hope that we can get Homer to the bottom without any more DOOM days.

Submit "Oct./Nov. – Peace & Quiet or Doom and Gloom?" to Twitter Submit "Oct./Nov. – Peace & Quiet or Doom and Gloom?" to Facebook

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
  1. MSGAL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid28
    I do not know who to thank first...... 3K for reviving the site or whomever has the Midas touch that actually got the background email validation/password reset to function!

    Felt like I was some bit character in the Tron movie for a long long time.....
    thats funny right there !!
  2. Squid28's Avatar
    Here is all I know.... I thought for giggles I would give it a try again as my last attempt (two months ago) went nowhere. Through email on my phone, I
    requested a new password be emailed to me. Once the temporary password showed up in my inbox, I attempted to change it and had a black text box pop up telling me that I had one additional step required to validate my credentials. There was a link in that black text box that you could push to get the final step /
    validation link resent to your email. Thus I was finally able to validate my "existence"

    I do not know if performing this function through the phone had any relevance or not just trying to give as much intel as I can.

    Dewey if it was you thank you.....
  3. MSGAL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid28
    Here is all I know.... I thought for giggles I would give it a try again as my last attempt (two months ago) went nowhere. Through email on my phone, I
    requested a new password be emailed to me. Once the temporary password showed up in my inbox, I attempted to change it and had a black text box pop up telling me that I had one additional step required to validate my credentials. There was a link in that black text box that you could push to get the final step /
    validation link resent to your email. Thus I was finally able to validate my "existence"

    I do not know if performing this function through the phone had any relevance or not just trying to give as much intel as I can.

    Dewey if it was you thank you.....
    Wow...that's kindy spookish...like a Kkid tale/story...

    a glitch or whatevah!!!
  4. hurricat's Avatar
    Kid mentioned something about updates to the software so maybe those fixed the issue.
  5. McBart ender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricat
    I wonder if we can change avatars now. Someone needs to try.
    Okay H-cat.

    I just tried and got the same error I got before. So, no dice (as COS might say).
  6. MSGAL's Avatar
    HCAt..how can we get Squid over to the We're Back blog...I cant think how to do it...
  7. Landfall2004's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGAL
    HCAt..how can we get Squid over to the We're Back blog...I cant think how to do it...
    Seems like if he can post on this blog, he can post there, too. They are both Bunker Blogs.
  8. MSGAL's Avatar
    Squid..we have 2 blogs going at once...dizzyin..~~~~if ya want...scroll all the way to the top of this page...on the header click on CHAT...there u will see another chat going "were Back" click on th ose words
  9. hurricat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McBart ender
    Okay H-cat.

    I just tried and got the same error I got before. So, no dice (as COS might say).
    Just a thought. Thanks for trying.
  10. MSGAL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Landfall2004
    Seems like if he can post on this blog, he can post there, too. They are both Bunker Blogs.
    yeah LF,,I just wanted him to know how to navigate to both blogs..I didnt make myself clear..
  11. Ossqss's Avatar
  12. InTheCone's Avatar
    Ouch...

  13. hurricat's Avatar
    Mark might make his first European CTS declaration.
  14. kaiden's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricat
    Maybe Theojesse can post now. I'll drop a note on the other site that they should try.
    I talked to Theo on the phone the other day and he and Missis Theo were going to be on vacation for a few days.
  15. hurricat's Avatar
    Thanks for the information. Glad you stopped by.
  16. InTheCone's Avatar
    Good Morning Bunkerites!

    Still looking like Lib is in the crosshairs of Ophelia

  17. InTheCone's Avatar
    06z Goofy.....



    This has been some crazy sort of season!
  18. hurricat's Avatar
    Yikes, Lib better get her affairs in order.
  19. InTheCone's Avatar
    Ais' BreakFastCast - Still toasty, but maybe not for long....

    Today: Sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. Northeast winds up to 5 mph.

    Tonight: Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 60s. East winds up to 5 mph in the evening becoming light.


    Monday looks decidedly different....


    Monday: Not as warm. Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s.

    Monday Night: Cooler. Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s




  20. InTheCone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricat
    Yikes, Lib better get her affairs in order.
    It's really quite strange, and probably wouldn't be to big a deal if they didn't already have damage from Gert to still deal with.
  21. libgoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheCone
    It's really quite strange, and probably wouldn't be to big a deal if they didn't already have damage from Gert to still deal with.
    It s not really that is is am EX trop at that stage thats got the Hype Machine rolling .... its Ex Nate and the massive Front that will interact and Bomb out .... and spring tides are due .... Could be an interesting few days ....

    Updated 10-13-2017 at 12:47 PM by libgoon
  22. NavarreMark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricat
    Mark might make his first European CTS declaration.

    That may be necessary, although I am not sure if Slim Jims, Cheetohs, Vienna Sausages w/bbq sauce and other such CTS staples are widely available there. They may have worthy substitutes, but I would have to be informed by Dear Lib or others as to what they are.

    Of course during an actual CTS event, everything in the retail establishment is fair game regardless of what it is and it should be purchased wether it is needed or not.
  23. InTheCone's Avatar
    Morning Lib & Dr. Mark!

    Thanks for the update Lib, I'm really not sure how all that stuff works together since it never happens down here. Keep us up to date as you can.


    I hear that Dr. Mark. When it's time even canned dog food is fair game, and I don't have a dog
  24. libgoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheCone
    Morning Lib & Dr. Mark!

    Thanks for the update Lib, I'm really not sure how all that stuff works together since it never happens down here. Keep us up to date as you can.


    I hear that Dr. Mark. When it's time even canned dog food is fair game, and I don't have a dog

    Think Sandy .....
  25. libgoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NavarreMark
    That may be necessary, although I am not sure if Slim Jims, Cheetohs, Vienna Sausages w/bbq sauce and other such CTS staples are widely available there. They may have worthy substitutes, but I would have to be informed by Dear Lib or others as to what they are.

    Of course during an actual CTS event, everything in the retail establishment is fair game regardless of what it is and it should be purchased wether it is needed or not.
    Tinned food really is not a regular staple for us .... Have a couple of tins of Tuna , salmon and and Sardines ... but that would be it .... Have a packet of Pitta bread ... 4 some of spuds and some porridge

    But thanks for your input Mark was looking for your advise yesterday
  26. InTheCone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by libgoon
    Think Sandy .....
    Ouch! That's a painful thought, you guys certainly don't need that
  27. libgoon's Avatar
    Kai , I am sorry to hear of your loss ... Its never easy ... I hope your wife gets well soon
  28. Aislinn's Avatar
    Good morning, afternoon and evening! So happy to find we're back this morning! Welcome back, Squid!

    Breakfast’s on the sideboard: country ham with red-eye gravy, biscuits and grits, sausage polenta with nested eggs, egg and sweet potato scramble, pancakes with butter and syrup, strawberries and cream oatmeal, bacon wrapped donuts, bagels with cream cheese and jelly, fresh fruit, tea and coffee, flavored creamers to the side. Enjoy!
  29. InTheCone's Avatar
    Morning Aislinn!

    Did you see your MondayCast? - Real Fall!

    BreakFast!

    I'll have some country ham with red-eye gravy, biscuits and grits, sausage polenta with nested eggs, egg and sweet potato scramb, bacon wrapped donuts(these are on my bucket list) and coffee - TYVM!
  30. InTheCone's Avatar
    This is just plain spooky.....

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.5
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Image resizer by SevenSkins

Tabs System by vbSoporte - vBulletin en Español
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49 AM.