View RSS Feed

InTheCone

Oct./Nov. – Peace & Quiet or Doom and Gloom?

Rate this Entry
by on 10-01-2017 at 09:31 AM (9451 Views)
Down we go and we can’t get to the bottom soon enough! It’s been a long season for many people and it’s going to take a long time for them to recover.

Oct. can be busy in the Caribbean with the storms heading to the north and the early indications are that we will see some activity in that area early to mid month.



All we can do is keep watching and be as ready as we can….





Time to study “The Chart” and hope that we can get Homer to the bottom without any more DOOM days.

Submit "Oct./Nov. – Peace & Quiet or Doom and Gloom?" to Twitter Submit "Oct./Nov. – Peace & Quiet or Doom and Gloom?" to Facebook

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
  1. Ossqss's Avatar
  2. InTheCone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossqss
    Yeah and it's supposed to last for quite a while

    Loved that video from last night
  3. NavarreMark's Avatar
    It's quiet.

    Too quiet.
  4. Ossqss's Avatar
    This one is pretty good too Cone.



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVJu9AMJJr4

    How many movies can you count?
  5. InTheCone's Avatar
    Good Morning Bunkerites!

    Going to grab some coffee and watch that video!

    Big FROPA coming for the weekend....



    Bringing a chill for Thanksgiving week....

    Updated 11-14-2017 at 11:05 AM by InTheCone
  6. Tulsahurrcane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NavarreMark
    We're going to go to Gainesville next week and visit our son for thanksgiving. Gonna do the Disney thing on Wednesday, turkey on Thursday, take it easy Friday and then do the Florida State vs Florida game on Saturday and come back the next day.

    At least that's the plan. We'll see how it works out.
    A pox on you. Sorry the OU fan in me couldn't help it!
  7. NavarreMark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsahurrcane
    A pox on you. Sorry the OU fan in me couldn't help it!

    The Gators and Seminoles don't need any poxes this year. They both totally suck, but it will be fun to go to the game.

    It's currently 56 outside with dark skies.
  8. Aislinn's Avatar
    Good morning, afternoon and evening, everyjuan! Mark, sounds like a busy but fun week! A very humid 51 degrees here today. Going to spend a good part of today looking for sponsors, offering silver and gold. Wish me luck!

    Breakfast's on the sideboard: garlic cheese grits with shrimp, French toasted sausage and pear hot dogs, bacon, spiral ham slices, bacon potato pancakes, sweet potato and spinach strata, Potato gratin with red pepper and Parmesan, smoky baked hash browns, corn fritters, butternut squash toast with ricotta, roasted brussels sprouts, fresh fruit, tea or coffee. Enjoy!
  9. InTheCone's Avatar
    Morning T, Dr. Mark and Aislinn!

    The only good thing about going to the Gator FSU game would be mucho option #2 practice before, during and after. They're both so lousy this year that this just might qualify as the Toilet Bowl game this year.

    BreakFast!

    I'll have spiral ham slices, bacon potato pancakes, sweet potato and spinach strata, Potato gratin with red pepper and Parmesan, smoky baked hash browns, corn fritters, butternut squash toast with ricotta, roasted brussels sprouts and coffee - TYVM Aislinn and good luck getting sponsors!
  10. Aislinn's Avatar
    Hey Cone!

    Passes large platter with spiral ham slices, bacon potato pancakes, sweet potato and spinach strata, Potato gratin with red pepper and Parmesan, smoky baked hash browns, corn fritters, butternut squash toast with ricotta, roasted brussels sprouts and a pot of coffee.
  11. NavarreMark's Avatar
    Good morning Aislinn & Cone.

    Yep. They are both lousy this year, but as you say, there will be opportunities for default option #2 practice with a bunch of nutty college kids with brains of mush. Should be fun.

    I'll have a bunch of ham slices, a tall stack of the pancakes, some of the potato gratin, hash browns, corn fritters, brussel sprouts and a pot of regular coffee please.

    Thank You very much Aislinn.
  12. LaughingCat's Avatar
    It's weather... too weather.

    At least the cool temps are conducive to running. Now if I could muster some motivation...
  13. Tulsahurrcane's Avatar
    I need to muster some motivation too. Motivation Mustering is an art. So is Procrastination. Highly developed Procrastination skills negatively impact Motivational Mustering Skills. It's a dilemma.

    I am Sleepless in Singapore tonight ...I like the ring of that.....it has a high la de da factor. But I leave in a few hours and go from Shark adventurer extroidinaire to Tulsa Grandmother in need of motivational Mustering to get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    Updated 11-14-2017 at 05:42 PM by Tulsahurrcane
  14. InTheCone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsahurrcane
    I need to muster some motivation too. Motivation Mustering is an art. So is Procrastination. Highly developed Procrastination skills negatively impact Motivational Mustering Skills. It's a dilemma.
    My meter is permanently stuck......

  15. Tulsahurrcane's Avatar
    Ha Cone. I truly did buy a book on Procrastination and I have not read it. There is no hope for me
  16. McBart ender's Avatar
    You know, that reminds me. I've been meaning to post something about procrastination for a while now. Juan of these days I'll get a round tuit.


    To be honest though, I'd love to hear Juan of KKKidd's thesis on Procrastination.


    Updated 11-14-2017 at 07:31 PM by McBart ender
  17. Ossqss's Avatar
  18. Cos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsahurrcane
    I need to muster some motivation too. Motivation Mustering is an art. So is Procrastination. Highly developed Procrastination skills negatively impact Motivational Mustering Skills. It's a dilemma.

    I am Sleepless in Singapore tonight ...I like the ring of that.....it has a high la de da factor. But I leave in a few hours and go from Shark adventurer extroidinaire to Tulsa Grandmother in need of motivational Mustering to get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    You got me thinking about flying from Singapore to DFW?
    As best as I can figure you left tomorrow(Singapore time) and will be home sometime yesterday(Tulsa time). I was going to look into it further but I'll wait until Thursday. I have some other things that I've put off that I'll be spending time re-scheduling again before I can carry-on.
    Have a safe flight.
  19. InTheCone's Avatar
    Good Morning Bunkerites!

    SomeJuan didn't get the memo that this is the dry season, it's drencherooing and has been doing so off and on for the better part of a week.

    Did T mention Christmas????? Thanksgiving I can do - it's Juan day and all I have to do is cook, eat and clean up. Christmas is a much bigger production, traveling sounds like the best way to handle the situation.

  20. NavarreMark's Avatar
    Morning folks.

    From my experience high la de da factors are highly over rated and even more anticlimatic, but still fun on occasion.

    It's currently 52 in Navarre and it is dark.
  21. InTheCone's Avatar
    Morning Dr. Mark!

    Ais' BreakFastCAst - doesn't get much nicer than this...

    Today: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds up to 5 mph.

    Tonight: Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds up to 5 mph in the evening becoming light.
  22. InTheCone's Avatar
    Goofy still showing a Brrrific chill for turkey day and Brrrrak Friday.......

  23. Aislinn's Avatar
    Good morning, afternoon and evening, everyone! Off to the dentist today, then the office. Cone, you're looking a little wet! That map shows fire in the fireplace weather! Out the door! Have a great day, everyone! Safe travels,Tulsa!

    Breakfast’s on the sideboard: Scrambled eggs with cheese, red and green peppers and diced ham, bacon wrapped sausage links, sausage, egg and cheese wraps, eggs benedict, oversized glazed cinnamon rolls, country sausage gravy over biscuits, shrimp and grits, sweet potato pancakes with butter and syrup and whipped cream, fresh fruit, tea or coffee. Enjoy!
  24. NavarreMark's Avatar
    Good morning Cone.

    I am eagerly awaiting our virtual breakfast.

    Yesterday about 1/2 hour before sunset I heard my hounds making a ruckus out back. I went outside to see what mischief they were up to. The backside of my property is forest on the other side of the pond and they kept running up to the tree line barking up a storm and then running back to the house and then repeating the process. I was wondering what was going on so I walked back there and into the trees. I then saw a mama bear in a tree about 30 feet to my left. She was a big female well over 200 lbs. At first I figured that the hounds must have treed her, but then I heard a bunch of crashing in the brush and snapping twigs about 30 feet to my right. I looked over there and saw a male bear. He was a big Juan. Probably 400-450 lbs. I knew then it was he who had treed mama bear. She had taken her cubs up there to protect them from the big brute. My brave hounds then retreated to their dog house.

    It was a 3 way Mexican standoff. Mama bear in the tree to my left with her cubs. Big bad a** bear in the brush to my right and me in the middle. I then heard the back door to the house open up and looked back. Mama had come out back with the pomeranians so that they could do their business. The poms saw me and ran up to where I was. They then looked around and saw what was going on and ran back to the house faster than I've ever seen poms run. Mama let them in and then casuallys strolled back to where I was and said "What the he11 are you doing Mark. Come back inside and quit scaring the bears." She then casually strolled back and went inside.

    I figured that she had given good advice so I followed her suggestion.
  25. NavarreMark's Avatar
    Ask and ye shall receive.

    I'll take a plate of scrambled eggs with all the fixins, a bunch of bacon wrapped sausage links, a plate of biscuits and gravy, shrimp and grits, fresh fruit and a pot of regular coffee please.

    Thank You very much Aislinn.
  26. Landfall2004's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NavarreMark
    Good morning Cone.

    I am eagerly awaiting our virtual breakfast.

    Yesterday about 1/2 hour before sunset I heard my hounds making a ruckus out back. I went outside to see what mischief they were up to. The backside of my property is forest on the other side of the pond and they kept running up to the tree line barking up a storm and then running back to the house and then repeating the process. I was wondering what was going on so I walked back there and into the trees. I then saw a mama bear in a tree about 30 feet to my left. She was a big female well over 200 lbs. At first I figured that the hounds must have treed her, but then I heard a bunch of crashing in the brush and snapping twigs about 30 feet to my right. I looked over there and saw a male bear. He was a big Juan. Probably 400-450 lbs. I knew then it was he who had treed mama bear. She had taken her cubs up there to protect them from the big brute. My brave hounds then retreated to their dog house.

    It was a 3 way Mexican standoff. Mama bear in the tree to my left with her cubs. Big bad a** bear in the brush to my right and me in the middle. I then heard the back door to the house open up and looked back. Mama had come out back with the pomeranians so that they could do their business. The poms saw me and ran up to where I was. They then looked around and saw what was going on and ran back to the house faster than I've ever seen poms run. Mama let them in and then casuallys strolled back to where I was and said "What the he11 are you doing Mark. Come back inside and quit scaring the bears." She then casually strolled back and went inside.

    I figured that she had given good advice so I followed her suggestion.
  27. InTheCone's Avatar
    Great story Dr. Mark!

    BreakFast Time!

    Scrambled eggs with cheese, red and green peppers and diced ham, bacon wrapped sausage links, sausage, egg and cheese wraps, eggs benedict, country sausage gravy over biscuits, and coffee - TYVM Aislinn & have a great day!
  28. KanKunKid's Avatar
    Been busier than a one legged man in a room full of marbles.
    Heading to Grand Rapids. I hope the roads will be OK.

    Carry on! I will get to the procrastination bit later, but suffice it to say, I am a follower of Mark Twain's philosophy:
    "Why put off until tomorrow what you can put off till day AFTER tomorrow just as well..."
  29. InTheCone's Avatar
    Afternoon Triple K!

    I like that Twainism and must take it to heart; except I will insert next week, next month or next year depending on the task, or even thought of a task as the mood strikes me.

    Speaking of putting things off, the Goofonians have capitulated(again) and given in to the Euros. They are now delaying the serious cold snap in the south until Monday the 27th.....

  30. Tulsahurrcane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cos
    You got me thinking about flying from Singapore to DFW?
    As best as I can figure you left tomorrow(Singapore time) and will be home sometime yesterday(Tulsa time). I was going to look into it further but I'll wait until Thursday. I have some other things that I've put off that I'll be spending time re-scheduling again before I can carry-on.
    Have a safe flight.
    LMAO!! Pretty much! But then getting home from SFO thru houston to Tulsa wore me out. End of day though totally worth it!

    And now I have to share what someone did for me. The most wonderful person you can imagine who I’ve known for 22 years housesat for me as usual when I’m gone but she spent a solid month organizing my house and decorating it for Christmas. She started out as my housekeeper but today she’s just the most incredible friend. I’m so grateful and so grateful to her husband who was Ok with her staying here this long. I just walked into a house fully decorated for Christmas, Christmas music and lighting on, everything in perfect and beautiful order and my grandchild’s nursery finished which included some painting projects. She’s just the best person - I’m overwhelmed. I need a stupendous gift idea good enough. If there is one.
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.5
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Image resizer by SevenSkins

Tabs System by vbSoporte - vBulletin en Español
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:50 AM.