View RSS Feed

InTheCone

December/January – Abominable Weather Ahead?

Rate this Entry
by on 12-01-2017 at 09:02 AM (1106 Views)
Stick a fork in it, The Season of DOOM is over! Now it’s time to sit back by the fire and enjoy the Frosty days ahead, or not.
Long term predictions from the CPC are showing the south to be warm and dry through the winter…..






As we well know, it only takes one deep cold intrusion to freeze everything solid, especially in S. Fl. We’ll have to keep an eye on the radar and hope no blue blobs make it too far south.



Abominable weather ahead? I guess we'll just have to Bumble along to find out!

Submit "December/January – Abominable Weather Ahead?" to Twitter Submit "December/January – Abominable Weather Ahead?" to Facebook

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. StAugustineFL's Avatar
    Congrats on the new addition Tulsa!

    Looks like a good weekend to swing by Publix and get what I need for a beef stew. I'm a meat/taters guy anyway. The smell of it slow-cooking in the crockpot is already having me salivate.

    Sneaux in the south? I love the Rankin/Bass productions. Brings me back to my childhood and requires annual viewing in the Aug household - although now it's just me and the dog.

  2. InTheCone's Avatar
    Hi Aug!

    I hadn't seen that Juan, I'll still peek in on Rudolph if I catch it when it's on

    Dixie snew it is!



    & it's going to be in the low 50's(low temps) until at least Thurs. - Yikes
  3. LaughingCat's Avatar
    Going to a state championship game in Raleigh... Wonder if they'd play in the snoh?
  4. Tulsahurrcane's Avatar
    Hi Aug and LC! Aug how’s it going with your little one? Has your heart melted completely yet. Mine has.
  5. NavarreMark's Avatar
    I've stayed awake all night eagerly waiting for the predicted snow, but so far we haven't received any.

    I will maintain my vigil until the flakes begin to fall. Should be any time now.
  6. InTheCone's Avatar
    Good Morning Bunkerites!

    A little cool weather is okay, but this is just not right for down here!

  7. Tulsahurrcane's Avatar
    Good morning Cone! I was watching the video of the man risking his life basically to save a wild rabbit in California fires. I think your bunnies would approve.
  8. NavarreMark's Avatar
    I'm beginning to feel like Charlie Brown waiting for the Great Pumpkin.

    It's raining, but no snow. It is a very cold rain though.
  9. NavarreMark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsahurrcane
    Good morning Cone! I was watching the video of the man risking his life basically to save a wild rabbit in California fires. I think your bunnies would approve.

    That's the kind of cost/risk analysis that Californios are famous for and explains a lot of their problems.
  10. NavarreMark's Avatar
    The cute little weather babe on Channel 3 WEAR is now saying we won't get snow until tonight or tomorrow morning.

    I'm gonna need more coffee.
  11. StAugustineFL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingCat
    Going to a state championship game in Raleigh... Wonder if they'd play in the snoh?
    Assuming it's a foozball game (although foozball is the devil) I would hope so. Foozball in the sneaux is fun to watch if juan can see the field from a spectator perspective. Perhaps it'll melt into some high quality H2O.

    It's nice T but I'll enjoy it much more when the nugget gets a tad older. He's only 5 months so his activities are limited - pee, poop, eat, smile, cry, wants held, sleep, roll over, be a wiggle worm, etc..

    Tonight may be your chance Mark. Looked like the rain/snow line was still quite a distance to your west and north when I peeked awhile ago.

    Cone - that song was from The Year Without A Santa Claus. Maybe you know these guys? I visualize the Heat Mizer being an unnamed person from Naples.

  12. hurricat's Avatar
    The Year Without a Santa Claus is one of my favorite holiday specials. After watching the clip you posted earlier this, I just had to watch the Heat Miser/Snow Miser song (there may have been some dancing involved).


    https://youtu.be/_SGlPnA_iCk
  13. InTheCone's Avatar
    I don't know if I've ever seen that Juan, I'll have to check it out. I like all those oldy type specials like that. Another favorite Christmas movie is "We're No Angels" with Bogart, Ray and Ustinov - my mom started me on that Juan.

    Maybe Dr. Mark, just maybe......



    It could be that Barkeep and Atmo get a bit and maybe Aislinn.
  14. InTheCone's Avatar
    Ais' BreakFastCAst - slight chance of snoh this morning....

    Today: Cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow in the morning, then partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds up to 10 mph.

    Tonight: Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 20s. West winds around 5 mph. Wind chill readings 19 to 29.
  15. NavarreMark's Avatar
    The local establishment news folks are reporting that schools are shutting down on the MS & AL coast because of the "threat" of snow. No news of any FL Panhandle school closures so Mama has to go to work.

    If the schools in CO closed every time there was a "threat" of snow, my entire K-12 education would of been an aggregate of about 35 days of school from K through 12.

    Cue the walked 12 miles through snow drifts uphill both ways to get to school stories. For some of us it was true. Too true.
  16. NavarreMark's Avatar
    Speaking of stew and bunnies. I have a couple of them in the freezer and today would be a good day to make some stew.

    I have a plan.
  17. MSGAL's Avatar
    WE HAVE ALMOST 5 INCHES OF SNOW......NO KIDDING...STILL SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. InTheCone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGAL
    WE HAVE ALMOST 5 INCHES OF SNOW......NO KIDDING...STILL SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WooHoo! Now that's some serious snoh
  19. Aislinn's Avatar
    Good morning, afternoon and evening, everyjuan! Snoh!!! There's about a half inch on one side of my property and three quarters of an inch on the other side. Schools are closed. When I lived in Kentucky they closed schools if there was a threat of snow. In the Catskills, upstate NY, they never closed school. They'd just mark those of us who lived on a mountain and/or those who lived too far from the school to get in as present and had school.

    A friend just gave me some fresh venison, so I'm making venison stew on Sunday. Tomorrow night is the annual Christmas Parade and we're in it as a doggy choir, though Luke (GSD) and I are one of the walkers next to the float. This year they required two adult walkers for every float.

    Breakfast's on the sideboard: Steak and eggs, cheesy egg and sausage casserole, bagels with cream cheese and jelly, cinnamon rolls, fried eggs with thick slices of country ham, sweet potato hash, Belgium waffles with butter and syrup, breakfast salad, yogurt, fresh fruit skewers, tea or coffee. Enjoy!
  20. Aislinn's Avatar
    I'm jealous, MSGAL! That's fantastic!!
  21. KanKunKid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Landfall2004
    Bel-Air~~~inconceivable!

  22. KanKunKid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGAL
    WE HAVE ALMOST 5 INCHES OF SNOW......NO KIDDING...STILL SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We didn't get nuttin' here. Of course I am home and just outside the box - a place I am used to being.
    I made the drive from Orlando to Charlotte in pouring rain Wednesday after a week of perfect weather.
    My friend in Alabama (NE) got a light dusting.
    Now, it is 25 degrees and I am freezing my (insert unmentionable part of the anatomy here) off!

    As far as California goes...

    I agree with Dr. Mark (as always). Just because you can buy property, which you then rent from the government, doesn't mean you should live there. After all, Hell off season is still the same. You shouldn't complain when the fires come. And if you did want to live there, build your house out of something that can withstand a fire or do something other than poke the bear (the bear being the greedy and wealthy hedge betting bastard insurance companies) and cause them to raise the premiums for every Juan.

    I was going to go into a lengthy dissertation on the subject but I have to go to the doctor this morning and get my blood pressure checked, so I don't want to get it boiling..

    But you can well imagine what I would have said, had I said it.

    I can't even have coffee, it will skew the readings.

    I go back to Dayton tomorrow.

    More cold!

    We need a freezing emoticon...
  23. KanKunKid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StAugustineFL
    Assuming it's a foozball game (although foozball is the devil) I would hope so. Foozball in the sneaux is fun to watch if juan can see the field from a spectator perspective. Perhaps it'll melt into some high quality H2O.

    It's nice T but I'll enjoy it much more when the nugget gets a tad older. He's only 5 months so his activities are limited - pee, poop, eat, smile, cry, wants held, sleep, roll over, be a wiggle worm, etc..

    Tonight may be your chance Mark. Looked like the rain/snow line was still quite a distance to your west and north when I peeked awhile ago.

    Cone - that song was from The Year Without A Santa Claus. Maybe you know these guys? I visualize the Heat Mizer being an unnamed person from Naples.

  24. NavarreMark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KanKunKid
    We didn't get nuttin' here. Of course I am home and just outside the box - a place I am used to being.
    I made the drive from Orlando to Charlotte in pouring rain Wednesday after a week of perfect weather.
    My friend in Alabama (NE) got a light dusting.
    Now, it is 25 degrees and I am freezing my (insert unmentionable part of the anatomy here) off!

    As far as California goes...

    I agree with Dr. Mark (as always). Just because you can buy property, which you then rent from the government, doesn't mean you should live there. After all, Hell off season is still the same. You shouldn't complain when the fires come. And if you did want to live there, build your house out of something that can withstand a fire or do something other than poke the bear (the bear being the greedy and wealthy hedge betting bastard insurance companies) and cause them to raise the premiums for every Juan.

    I was going to go into a lengthy dissertation on the subject but I have to go to the doctor this morning and get my blood pressure checked, so I don't want to get it boiling..

    But you can well imagine what I would have said, had I said it.

    I can't even have coffee, it will skew the readings.

    I go back to Dayton tomorrow.

    More cold!

    We need a freezing emoticon...

    Don't get me started. I purged myself of such thoughts yesterday. Or maybe it was the day before. I can't remember. Now that I'm retired the days tend to blend together unless something extraordinary happens on a particular day.

    Snow in Florida would be Juan such thing. As of now it hasn't happened. Personally I'd much rather have snow than this freezing rain crap. But that's just me.

    Being retired and with a body clock that is completely askew of normality has it's bright side. Normally I would totally indulge in Aislinns virtual steak and eggs, but since everything is abnormal with me I have a home made supreme pizza in the oven for breakfast. I'll probably have eggs for supper. Who knows? Certainly not I. I have totally become a believer and practitioner of the old saying "If it feels good do it".

    Of course you are free to do as you wish. Except when it comes to paying taxes of course.

    Damned establishment pukes.
  25. StAugustineFL's Avatar
    I am jealous as well MS. I'd be out having a snowball fight. I'm sure it's a wet snow good for packing. If you have any youngins nearby have them make snow angels. Building an igloo would be my preference but 5" isn't enough to do so.

    Kid gets a plate of cookies although these look undercooked with the slimy appearance to the dough. I know he loves Vicky V from that movie.



    On the other side of the GREAT DECEMBER SOUTHERN ARCTIC BLAST OF 2017.........

  26. NavarreMark's Avatar
    We all love Vicky V.

    My kind of woman.
  27. KanKunKid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StAugustineFL
    I am jealous as well MS. I'd be out having a snowball fight. I'm sure it's a wet snow good for packing. If you have any youngins nearby have them make snow angels. Building an igloo would be my preference but 5" isn't enough to do so.

    Kid gets a plate of cookies although these look undercooked with the slimy appearance to the dough. I know he loves Vicky V from that movie.



    On the other side of the GREAT DECEMBER SOUTHERN ARCTIC BLAST OF 2017.........

    You know me all too well.
  28. InTheCone's Avatar
    This nonsense can just stop anytime now.....

    The NAO is currently near neutral, but the AO is negative, and the upper air pattern (attached image) is highly amplified with ridging into Alaska and Greenland, and a deep trough over eastern North America.





  29. McBart ender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheCone
    I don't know if I've ever seen that Juan, I'll have to check it out. I like all those oldy type specials like that. Another favorite Christmas movie is "We're No Angels" with Bogart, Ray and Ustinov - my mom started me on that Juan.

    Maybe Dr. Mark, just maybe......



    It could be that Barkeep and Atmo get a bit and maybe Aislinn.
    Good morning all!

    Yes Cone, I am here to verify the actual condition of the conditions. Snoh would be a long shot here, but we certainly have sleet. Heavy wet sleet falling right now, and has been for over an hour.

    Bunker had sleet on his back and forehead after his last walk, about 9:30 local. It was a new experience for him. The walk was only partially productive as a result.

    I like the idea of a slow cooked stew today. I compliment the many of you who have mentioned it. This is certainly the perfect weather for a slow cooked hearty stew, with some crusty bread, and dark ale.
  30. McBart ender's Avatar
    Sleet now accumulating on top of the patio table.



Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.5
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Image resizer by SevenSkins

Tabs System by vbSoporte - vBulletin en Español
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44 AM.